Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday 14th December

Believe it or not I am working hard. We have a fairly busy flying programme and I am doing my bit as it were. The consolation is I am in the relative comfort of the villa and am able to do pretty much everything from here.
At one stage I thought I may have to go into the office because we had a power cut. These are common in India and are as frequent an occurence as say, a herd of cattle walking the wrong way down a busy road in rush hour, so quite frequent trust me!
I eventually got to bed about 1:30 am this morning. The barbecue was not a barbecue in the end because we gave up trying to light it the damn thing, so everything got grilled or fried indoors. About 8 people were there all told and we put the world to rights, and got progressively more and more inebriated (well what else would you do?)
I think I may at last have some colour to bring back with me, and to prove the 28 degree heat that is the average out here for winter!
As it is sunday, we have to fend for ourselves again. Damn rude isn't it? Still, am sure we will cope. You'll know if we haven't as the blog entries will come to a shuddering halt.
This time on Saturday I will be hopefully sitting in my lounge with my wife and daughter. I cannot deny I am excited about going home for Christmas. Having Freya has made me fall in love with Christmas all over again. It was always good to spend time with the family don't get me wrong, but having an eighteen month old daughter (whom I worship, can you tell?) who is starting to get into the magic of it all really makes it something to look forward to. My family will spoil her of course, and I have the truly pleasant condundrum of where to store all her presents.....I also know I will be spending Christmas Day and Boxing Day putting most of her presents together but that is what dad's are for isn't it?

No comments: