Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday 6th Jan 2009

Today has been the most frustrating day so far. Not due to anyone in the office I hasten to add, just simply because I was not given the correct information to start with by some third parties. People have a habit out here of telling you one thing, only for it to be superseded by someone else who has a different opinion so you have roll with that. I have found myself going around in circles today, numerous times, but the key thing is we got there in the end.
It is something I am learning to live with. It still frustrates me, and no doubt it will for some time to come, but it’s the way things work out here. There is no way of circumventing that, you will never change it, so you start to learn to live with it I guess. You only have to look at those who have been out here longer that me and they start to resemble a tree. What I mean is, for each month they are out here they earn a ring that ages them. That aging process consists of a gradual and grudging acceptance of how it works out here. The longer I spend out here, the more rings I will earn I guess?
Changing the subject entirely…….I have decided I need a day off. No phone calls, no emails….just sleep. How am I to achieve that you ask? well I will tell you.
The best way to ensure a clear day off is to claim it for religious reasons. My problem is, while I hold a belief in that there must be something out there, some higher authority to create so many wondrous things on this planet of ours, I don’t particularly subscribe to an organised religion……It was clear that I needed to invent my own.
Ladies and Gentleman, allow me to introduce myself as the high priest of Chuckle. There are few rules. No praying, no self-flagellation, no fasting, no denial of alcohol or pleasure in any form…..in fact the reverse applies for that last bit. The only rule is that you need Wednesdays free from work (for purely religious reasons you understand) to worship the high and mighty Paul and Barry Chuckle (It is purely coincidental that tomorrow is Wednesday you understand)
I would ask that you respect my new found faith and do not call or email me during this day for I shall be worshipping.
Remember…………….WEDNESDAYS IS CHUCKLE DAY
TTFN

No comments: