Friday, April 17, 2009

Thursday 2nd April - Sunday 05th April (end of an era)

Well, that is it for me. All joking aside, I need to go home. Each time I see my daughter and wife on Skype (thank heaven for Skype!), it reminds me how much I miss home.
I actually handed my notice in about three weeks ago but neglected to publicise it on these pages for obvious reasons. Originally I was due to go home around the middle of May but circumstances, and the kind actions of my line manager, have allowed me to come home earlier than envisaged.
Don’t get me wrong, India has been an amazing experience and I am grateful for it. I have experienced a whole different way of life, had my eyes opened to new and intriguing things, expanded my cultural knowledge and met some pretty good people in the process.
Of course there had to be one last hurrah at the Novotel on Sunday. No point in expanding on that as regular readers will know how it is an orgy of gluttenous eating, demonic drinking and lounging by the pool for hours afterwards because that was as far as one could manage to walk afterwards.
I did have very mixed emotions whilst I was sitting in the international departures lounge of Hyderabad airport. On the one hand I could not wait to get back to Blighty and be with my family again, I was also conscious that this was the end of an era and I was going to miss it in a way.
As time goes on the bad memories fade, and only the good ones remain don’t they? I like the way your mind does that and I will look back fondly on my time out there.
Still, time to move on and start the search for a job. Thank you all for following my adventures and reading my blog, especially those who were kind enough to suggest that I send this on to a publisher or two. You know, I might just do that………..
Best wishes
Neil

No comments: